The Lab Orientation (replacing the Blue Permit as of Fall 2021) is our entry-level orientation, which introduces students to the D+I Labs and basic safety awareness. Completing this orientation grants students minimal access to tools and equipment within the College of Engineering. Students will not need to repeat the Lab Orientation after completing it once.
- Checkout tools from the TEAM Lab or the Makerspace
- Use everything in the Makerspace except equipment that requires an upgrade
- Purchase hardware and materials from the TEAM Lab (once an account is set up)
Steps to complete the Lab Orientation
(must be completed in order)
Time Frame and Deadlines
- The Lab Orientation can be completed in as little as 20 minutes.
- Like all permits and upgrades, this orientation must be completed within 45 days of applying for it. Failure to meet the 45 day deadline will result in all progress being removed.