Veteran’s Day Woodworking Workshop
11/11/21 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Learn how to make a flag display case.
Free, no woodworking experience necessary to attend (Red Permit/Wood 1 upgrade to fabricate).
Email the shop to reserve a space.
Thank a vet with one.
The new TRAK TMC7 Toolroom Machining Center has been installed in the Advanced CNC Lab, Rm B1092. CNC training to follow.
- The seminar portion of the Green Permit Training is available online.
- Apply for the permit in EMU, complete the material and seminar in Canvas and then reserve a machine in the shop to make your test piece.
- Make sure to complete your Red Permit training before reserving a machine
- Red Permit Seminars will be offered on an ongoing basis with open registration in EMU.
- Due to staffing shortages our welding seminars are pending. We hope to have them later in the semester.
- Wood seminars will be offered on an as-needed basis and advanced CNC on a case by case basis
- Personal projects are allowed during designated hours, Tuesday and Thursday 4:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Fee for Services will continue to be offered: Click here for FFS
The shop will be closed Friday, 10/29/21 for internal training.
Safety glasses and masks must be worn at all time regardless of vaccination status.
Fall 2021 hours
Mondays and Wednesdays 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (machine reservations 8:30am – 5:30pm)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (machine reservations 8:30am – 8:30pm)
Fridays 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (machine reservations 8:30am – 3:30pm)
Personal projects: 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays
The shop will be open 8:00 am to 4:00 pm the week of Thanksgiving and closed that Thursday and Friday, 11/25 and 11/26.