It’s true, ECB flooded and is closed until further notice – but damage to TEAM Lab was very minimal, so we should be back/operational quickly.
- We expect to be closed next week at least Monday and Tuesday.
- If you have machine reservations: Leave them just in case – you are not penalized for missing a reservation. In the event we’re back online, you can show up as planned.
- If you are registered for training sessions: all sessions of Intro to Shop Tools and MIG Welding are canceled. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, as we know many of you have been waiting to get MIG training. Our instructors are eager to teach again, too, so we’ll be back helping you out as soon as we can.
- We will update this page with the latest information, so please keep checking back. The equipment has been minimally impacted, and we look forward to seeing you all in the lab again as soon as possible.
- Important changes to know about this Fall:
- Tool Checkout: tools are no longer allowed to leave the basement – which means you don’t need to check them out to use them. Many tools and all hardware are now self-serve. Check our policies page under “Tools and Hardware” for more information.
- Name Changes: Are you wondering where the Red and Green permits went? They’re still here – they’re just called something new. The Red Permit is now called Intro to Shop Tools and the Green permit is now called Intro to Machining. If you’ve completed this training in the past, there’s no need to re-do it. The content has remained largely unchanged, it’s just the names that have been updated. See more information here, especially the FAQ section.
- EMU has been retired and is replaced by Fusion. What does this mean for you? Hopefully nothing, other than an improved UI and some new names to learn. Make your reservations directly in Fusion. Please reach out if you have questions!
- Fee for Service is open, information on the above drop down menu or click here to set up a design consultation
- If you need to attend an Intro to Shop Tools (Red Permit) session and none are scheduled or need other training such as welding or woodworking, please contact the shop.
- If you are coming down to the shop and need assistance from the full-time staff, please set up a time using a Project Consultation form. We can dig into your project details if we can plan ahead to set aside time for you.
- For training or use of the Advanced CNC Lab please contact the shop to set up a time.